A brisk morning workout sounds like a great idea in theory, but many gym-goers struggle to commit to an A.M. session. While early risers love a good sweat, others may find themselves hitting that snooze button and missing their chance. However, the right morning workout tips make all the difference between success and failure. Plan properly, and you’ll have no problem sticking to your new schedule!
The Night Before
The best way to prepare for success is to make things as easy as possible for yourself in the morning. Think about everything you’ll need for your workout, and try to prepare in advance.
- Eat a healthy dinner the night before to fuel your body for the upcoming workout. Stay away from anything too heavy, or you might wake up queasy and unmotivated.
- Pick out your gym outfit and pack up your gym bag, so you don’t have to make any groggy decisions in the morning. If you want to save even more time, consider sleeping in your gym clothes!
- Plug in your electronics to make sure that they are fully charged by the morning. From podcasts to playlists to television, the right entertainment can make all the difference between a boring cardio session and an invigorating workout.
- Plan your workout the night before. If you’re heading to a spin class, pre-register to secure your spot. If you’re going for a run, map out your route ahead of time. You’ll wake up with a clear idea of what you need to do.
- Get to bed at a reasonable hour, so you get plenty of sleep. If you’re feeling restless, try meditating or limiting screen time to promote a restful state.
The Morning Of
Now that your alarm is blaring, what are you going to do to ensure that you make it out the door? Here are a few extra tips to make the morning a success:
- Prevent yourself from hitting the snooze button by placing your alarm clock out of reach. You can also set the mood by setting your alarm to play a song that gets you pumped.
- Eat an easy breakfast to get ready for your workout. Think about grab-and-go options like overnight oats, nutrition bars, or even a banana.
- If you need extra accountability, consider recruiting a friend to be your workout buddy. This makes the workout more fun, while giving you extra motivation to make it to the gym.
Exploring Your Options
Now that you know our top morning workout tips, we’re sure that your next workout will be your best one yet. If you still have trouble getting out the door for those A.M. sweat sessions, why not consider home equipment to avoid those early morning gym commutes? Explore the versatile lateral trainers from UltraSlide to get a full-body workout without leaving your living room.